Sunday, December 30, 2012

Savannah and Sister Thunell

I just finished up the story of my first day of Church, and I realized that I hadn't introduced a couple wonderful people in my life. I hadn't met them until the Book of Mormon read-a-thon.

The BoM read-a-thon was a 2 day event where we read the whole Book of Mormon cover to cover. To say that this brought the Spirit would be a huge understatement.

On the first day, I had been laying on the floor next to a table. Ben was laying in front of him perpendicular to me (hey look, I used a math word!! Math tutoring is really helping!! ;) ) I was marking away at my scriptures, since this was the first time I was reading this far into the Book of Mormon.

I'll get into the rest of the details of the Book of Mormon read-a-thon later, because this post is about how special these two women are.

During breaks, we got food, and while I was waiting for everyone, a beautiful lady came over to me and introduced herself. We talked about how this was my first time reading the Book of Mormon and she commended me on how much I was marking my scriptures. She made me feel really good about myself.

This woman was Sister Thunell, Savannah's mom. Her and her daughter are amazing people. I can't even begin to explain how much I love them. They are wonderful examples to me.

Sister Thunell is so caring, sweet and gentle. She carries the Spirit wherever she goes. She is always teaching me something new. Her selflessness amazes me. She does anything she can to help others and I really hope I can be like her someday.

Savannah is the sparkle in my life. Literally. She is everything pink and sparkles. I love when I get to hear her testimony and I get to spend time talking to her, like her mom she can bring the Spirit to a dark room. She shines like the sun, you cannot miss this girl! I can't get enough of her, she is so much fun and bright.

These two people can cheer me up on anyday of the week, no matter whats going on in my life at the time.

I don't even think they know how much they mean to me. They are the kind of person I am striving to be. I love them so much.

I am so thankful to have these two ladies in my life. Knowing them and calling them my friends is a huge blessing that my Father in Heaven has given me.

Thank you for being such great examples, Sister Thunell and Savannah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment