Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Jazz Dance

Thank you to everyone who has been reading my posts. :) Its fun for me to remember all the things that happened since I first went to church. :)

February of 2011, I had gone to church a few times, probably two or three. Ben invited me to a dinner/dance at the church. It wasn't a Stake dance, though. (For those of you that don't know, a Stake dance is a dance that happens on the 2nd Saturday of the month (usually) and its for the youth. Its a ton of fun and I really enjoy them, my first one was in August of 2011. I'll get into that story, later.)

I wore a blue dress with a little black jacket over it, oddly enough, Ben wore a blue button down shirt and his fancy tie. So we matched, which wasn't planned at all. When I got there, we sat down and ate. I picked at my food, eating a little here and there because I am picky and I didn't really like what we had for dinner. Brother Lemmon, the Young Men's leader, came to introduce himself and tease Ben about me. All in good fun, of course. He told Ben to ask me to dance and Ben said no. But not long after that, he stood up and extended his hand, asking me to dance.

Of course, I had never danced in my life and I did not want to embarrass myself in front of everyone, but I took his hand, anyway.

As we walked up, I mentioned I had never danced before, and once we got to the floor he showed me and everything was fine.

Later that night, me and Ben went to the foyer so we could hear each other talking, because it was super loud. I vaguely remember seeing Madison (who was wearing silver shoes, I specifically remember this because she was playing with her shoes) and another girl (possibly Mallory but I can't remember) in the foyer, too. We talked to them a little bit, I think.

The jazz dance was a lot of fun. I met a few more people there, slow danced for the first time, and got to go to the church an extra time that week.

I wonder if they'll do that again anytime soon. It would be a lot of fun if they did. :)

Now, I can't remember anything specific happening over the next few months, so I'll probably jump ahead a big gap of time the next post I write. Then if I remember, I'll fill the gap. :)

2 comments:

  1. Casey, I am amazed at your memory!! You remember all the details of so many things. Good for you for writing it all down. These are definitely memories to treasure. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :) I tend to remember strange things. But not usually what people say. If someone reminds me of a conversation, I can remember where we were when we had the conversation and colors people were wearing. :)

      And thank you!! Since I feel like I'm starting to forget, writing it down makes it easier for me to remember. :) Blogging is a lot of fun!!

      Delete