Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A Peak Into My Mind :)

Tonight for mutual we watched The Saratov Approach. It's a movie about two LDS missionaries who were kidnapped and held for ransom. 

I feel like I learned a lot from the movie. Always listen to the Spirit, put your trust in Heavenly Father, through Him anything is possible. I feel like I learned a little about missionaries, too.

I have always loved to be around missionaries, their sweet little spirits make me so happy. I always used to be with the missionaries. Whether it was feeding them, getting invited to the big lunches they'd have on Saturdays, playing volleyball with them, gardening, teaching with them, or any other little things we could find, I was usually with the missionaries if I wasn't at work or sleeping. 

In fact, when I got my braces off I left school early so I could feed my little friends breakfast before dropping them off at a district meeting... :) Haha. 

Recently, though, I have really lost touch with my little friends. I only see them on Sundays. Which is super odd to me. 

We were watching this movie. At the beginning it shows this scene of the 2 elders getting pulled inside and beaten up. The faces of all my many missionary friends went through my mind. Elder Christensen, Elder James, Elder Varela, Hermana Hunter, Elder King, Elder White, Sister Bennion, Hermana Moss, Sister Herschi, Elder Murphy, Elder Ramsdell, Elder Burke, Elder Fernandez, etc... 

Then I remembered some of the emails. Some missions have curfews that change weekly depending on how everything is going around them. Hermana Hunter's was at 5 recently, I think. Maybe it was 7... But still. Mission presidents and missionaries are doing their best to stay safe and keep each other safe and that comforts me. I also know that Heavenly Father is aware of all of His missionaries. 

I like to pray for the missionaries. Sometimes my prayers are really long just because I'm talking to Him about each missionary. Missions are hard, but it means the world to me when people serve missions. They're finding the people like me. People that know their missing something, but they don't know where to look for it.  

Sarah Bennion has always been this shining example to me. When she told me she was called to a mission in California, I cried tears of joy for her and all the lives she'd be touching. I will never forget that last hug before I said goodbye. We were both crying. Just like the day of my baptism. 


Two other worthy missionaries are leaving the first ward on July 9th. Ben Varela and Hailey Jensen.

Ben was the silly little 14 year old boy who introduced me to the church. The one who spent HOURS answering questions and had me over for dinner every Sunday after church for a year. He sat with me during my missionary discussions, and even opened his home for 10 other people to come listen, too.

I've been blessed with a great life full of many examples. Ben, Savannah, Bethany, Elder C, Sister Thunell, Sister Patterson, the list goes on and on. I love this church and everyone in it. I love the support I have. I wouldn't be who I am today without it.


Oh! I'm giving another talk this Sunday. (That's 4 talks since my baptism (6 months ago)) It's the missionary conference for the 1st ward. :) They always have the most recent convert speak, and this year it's finally my time to shine. :) 

Have a happy week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment