Monday, July 21, 2014

Love

Words cannot describe how much I love children. There's this one little boy named Teddy. He is an orphan form China. A family in our ward is hosting him so we can find him a home. At the beginning of August, he will go back to China, family or not. It makes me so sad. I wish I was older and married because I would adopt him. He's so special. On Sunday during the YW's theme he started to giggle. I don't really know why, but it was the sound of pure joy. It made me cry. I love that little boy. We need to find him a forever family.

https://www.facebook.com/helpteddygetahome

Before I was a member of the church, or even knew what a Mormon was, I wanted TEN children. I don't exactly know why, but the thought of having a big family has always been appealing to me.

I just hit my eighteenth birthday, so now I'm an adult. In a couple years, I'll be married and starting my own little family. (Probably not with ten children though ;) ) I've really began to see the absolute importance of the family in a couple different places.

I've gotten a new job working as a nanny for this sweet little family in the ward. Their mom passed away from cancer a few years ago, so when their dad is out of town, they need someone to stay over and be with them. A couple weeks ago I was able to stay with them all week, Monday-Friday. I felt like I was a mom. I read scriptures with them, I prayed with them, I prayed for them, I prayed for strength to be there for them, I prayed that I would be able to forgive them easily, I prayed that no one would get hurt, and on the night that the kids thought someone was in the house, I prayed that he would come after me. It's amazing how much a mother (or a part-time mother) prays. (Oh by the way, no one was in the house). The Spirit in the home is so  important when raising a family. It's amazing the strength and courage I had when I was taking care of those kids.

... And then I come home and I'm still afraid of walking upstairs when it's dark.

Heavenly Father is aware of us and our needs.

My dad has been struggling. I'm not sure if I ever mentioned it on the blog, but about the time I was falling away from the church (the winter before Elder C transferred in (August) and rescued me), my dad was really sick and in a lot of pain. I thought he was going to die. He had this back surgery and the doctor screwed up and used a dirty tool, which caused my dad to have an infection that nearly killed him. Now the pain is back and my dad can barely move. We think he's going to have to have another surgery and that freaks me out. I love my daddy and I don't want to see anything bad happen to him. It's hard for me to not get angry at the doctor. I was even angry at Heavenly Father when I first found out what was going on. But I've found comfort in my scriptures and when I remind myself that there's no reason for me to be angry at Him.

Please keep my daddy and sweet little Teddy in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment