Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Temple

 I love to see the temple.
I’m going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty.
I’ll prepare myself while I am young;
This is my sacred duty.



Today, the lovely Sister Thunell brought me to the temple for the first time. When my parents finally agreed to let me get baptized, I knew I wanted to visit the temple first. I am SO glad I did.

The temple is so pretty, and seeing it made everything feel so real. I know that I am going there someday, and I'm thrilled for when that day comes. :)

Mommy Thunell also brought me to the LDS bookstore (Where I spent $110.17... Oops?). I got my very own set of scriptures with my name on them, as well as many other things like:
  • Colorful scripture markers
  • Tiny cards to keep in my scriptures (2 of the Savior and one with a picture of a YW with the armor of God on)
  • Preach my Gospel 
  • A Temple calendar
  • "Who is your hero?" cards
Sister Thunell got me a tiny picture of the Dallas temple to keep in my new scriptures, too. :) It was really exciting. :)

I got a package from Brother Wilcox last night (yes, Brad Wilcox. We're email buddies, I'll have to make a post about how I got so close to him). He sent me a book called "The Power of Everyday Missionaries" by Clayton Christensen. I love that book. Its so good.

Its been a really amazing day. I'm so thankful for Sister Thunell and everything she does for me!

I have good news: the Church is true! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment