Thursday, March 20, 2014

Missionaries: The BEST medicine

I'm so blessed. I feel spoiled by my Heavenly Father. Maybe a little TOO spoiled. :)

I have been blessed with the amazing opportunities to serve and hangout with all the missionaries of the Allen stake the past few days. On Saturday I served with them then went to lunch (it was also the 3 month mark of my baptism.) it was easily one of the best days of my life. I LOVE the missionaries. It was fun.

On Monday I played volleyball with them and got involved in a prank war with the missionaries. (Oops?)

But my week has not been just full of rainbows, butterflies and missionaries. It's been one of the hardest weeks I've had in a very very long time. On top of countless arguments with people I love, not feeling very good and working pretty much every day this week, I've had a little voice inside my head telling me horrible things about myself. That I'm not good enough and that no one likes me. I've been struggling with depression for years. And some weeks are just worse than others. This week has been a particularly hard week for me to overcome, but Heavenly Father wouldn't give me this trial if he didn't think I could do it.

Last night I was really struggling. I had nowhere to turn and I just had that complete feeling of defeat. I was done. So done with all the pain I had been feeling. I prayed my heart out as I went for a short drive after I took care of some things and I prayed my heart out, begging Him to help me be strong. When I got home I had a text from the sister missionaries that I've gotten really close to. They were inviting me to come serve. I accepted the invitation and I'm SO glad I did.

It was an eventful day. One of my Elders, Elder Payne, sliced his hand open with Elder C'e knife because A5 and A4 zip tied their bikes. (Yes, I got blamed for it. Thanks, Elder C) So we had to play doctor to her him all fixed up. Then it was Sister Hirschi and Allen's year mark and we went to lunch and celebrated, then I took a really cute picture of all of them. It was so fun and I'm feeling so much better than I was last night. I love each and every one of those missionaries. They all have special places in my heart.


Oh and I'm speaking at Stake Conference. I'm freaking out. EEP!

I'm so grateful for the strong, righteous people that have been called to the TDM and are serving in my stake. I really look up to them and I care about all of them. They're all so sweet. :)

Today the sisters told me missionaries are like seagulls because they pester you until they get what they want and they steal your food. Haha. :)

Have YOU shook your missionary's hand today? Hug a missionary (but don't break the rules), feed them, show them you care. They might need it.



No comments:

Post a Comment