Sunday, March 2, 2014

Missions, Missionaries and Meetings.... Oh my! :)

I'm sorry I haven't posted much recently. I've had a few ups and downs and life has dragged me away from my computer.

There's a few things I just have to reflect on.

1. Mini Missions.
Last week I was absolutely blessed to get the chance to participate in a mini mission. I was put in a companionship of three and I was so bitter about it. I wanted it to be like a real missionary experience and I jumped to the conclusion that a companionship of three would not give me that. I was SO wrong. My companions were Bethany and Madison and our mission president was Sister Thunell. Oh my gosh. It was the best day of my entire life. I felt so close to my companions and I am so so so grateful I was paired with them. I left the mini mission a changed person. I didn't think it was possible to love total strangers so much. But you know what? Once I walked into their home to teach them, I felt this overwhelming love toward them. It is an amazing feeling. I wish I could do that every single day.


2. Missionaries.
Oh, missionaries. After the mini missions I feel slightly envious of them. They DO get to serve people every single day. It's cool to compare the love I felt for the people of my mini mission to the love they feel for me. I think of them as little superheroes, sometimes. Am I the only one who does that? I mean, I was SO EXHAUSTED from my mini mission and that was only a day. How can they do that every single day? And still shine so brightly??? Yeah, they have to be superheroes, or something.

All weekend I was doing a project at school that required me to stay after school on Friday until 8:15 then go back to school on Saturday from 6:30-4:30. The whole time during the project I was running up and down our massive school, going up and down stairs, through pretend spiderwebs and yelling at the top of my lungs at the other "fairy godmother" about who was better. (Not in an angry way, we were acting :) ) So by the time I got home I was exhausted. I passed out on the couch and didn't want up until 10pm. When I woke up I remembered that the Elders had transfers.  I thought about it for a moment. And I didn't feel the sense of panic that I normally feel when I think about transfers. I was perfectly okay. I wasn't sure why, but I knew that everything would be okay and there was no reason to worry. So I went to church today and both of my missionaries are staying for 6 more weeks. How wonderful. :)

Speaking of my missionaries, I feel like I need to write Elder Saenger tomorrow. 


3. Sacrament Meeting.
The weirdest thing happened today. I was sitting on my little bench by myself today, reflecting on the Savior and watching the priesthood pass the sacrament when I saw a couple of unfamiliar Elders. That's weird for me because I know all the Elders in the stake pretty well. I blinked a few times, and looked a little closer, their name tags disappeared and they became more deacon-like. They weren't missionaries at all, they were the deacons. Wow. How powerful that was. It made my eyes tear up. What GOOD boys. Good boys who will turn into even better missionaries. 

Another amazing thing I saw today was when a man was bearing his testimony, I looked up and saw my dad. But I blinked and he was gone and it was just one of the men in my ward. I don't know what that was, but it brought me great comfort.

I'm seeing things like this more frequently. Either the Spirit has found a fun way to talk to me or I'm going crazy. 

I do hope I can see things like this more often, though. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment