There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Conference Weekend

This weekend has been a roller-coaster for me.

My fabulous missionaries found me a little home to watch conference in on Saturday, but because of house leaking issues, I got word on Friday night that I couldn't go there. So I frantically texted around trying to find somewhere, but was unsuccessful.

So Saturday morning I quietly slipped out of the house and made my way to the stake center. It was so lonely. Some missionaries were there (2 and 6) but they sat far away from me. I enjoyed the talks, but the feeling of loneliness was too overpowering for me to really focus on the Spirit.

When the first session was over, Elder James walked by and asked if I brought lunch. I said no and he offered me his goldfish. Elder James is a newer missionary. He's really funny. And he eats A LOT. When we went to Cici's he ended up getting like 5 or 6 plates? I think? So it was really nice of him to offer his food, being the hungry missionary he is, but I declined and went to Wendy's to get lunch. I got Elder James and Elder Murphy little frosty's to brighten up their day and fill them up if they were still hungry. I walked out of Wendy's with my little drink carrier with the little surprise for the Elders feeling a little better. But when I got in the car I looked at my phone and I got a text that crushed my almost happy mood. I was being attacked over the phone by someone I used to be really close with. Apparently she was eating lunch with my Elders and some Sisters and overheard them talking about me and decided to take matters into her own hands.

So I drove back to the stake center feeling unloved and unwanted, and gave the Elder's their dessert. It was dark in the chapel so they couldn't see the tears streaming down my face. They thanked me and I walked back out to my car to get my journal and scriptures. Then took my spot at the back of the chapel again and cried some more. Not one person noticed me. I felt completely alone and I cried most of the 2nd session.

I ended up snapping back at the girl and told her to leave me be because I was already having a bad day.  And after a while she apologized. I accepted her apology but I was still hurting because of how hated I felt.

So I didn't get very much sleep last night but I woke up this morning feeling the slightest bit better. So I made my way to the Thunell's house for breakfast before conference.

I had been there for about 10 minutes when the front door opened and 2 little missionaries walked in. I wanted to crawl in a little hole and disappear. I thought they hated me. So I sat quietly and didn't greet them or anything. Elder Christensen soon came up to me and asked me about my favorite talk from conference. I'm not sure what actually happened yesterday at lunch, but I do know the missionaries definitely don't hate me.

The first session of conference this morning was amazing. Some of my favorite songs were sang, Uchtdorf spoke, missionary work was brought up. It was perfect. By the time the prophet spoke I was feeling the Spirit so strong I was crying. It was great. :)

After the first session we all watched The Best Two Years. It was fun to watch with the missionaries, and it was the first time I've ever seen it. :) That was fun. Then we ate lunch and gathered again to watch conference.

I dozed off about halfway through the 2nd or so talk and was woken up by Elder Christensen's loud sneeze. It scared me to death. But I was awake. :) Haha. I ended up passing out at the very end again and was woken up by Elder Payne fake snoring. I don't know if he was mocking me or Savannah, but he had fallen asleep too.

I'm so grateful for the chance I had to watch conference with the Thunell's and my lovely missionaries. It was a lot of fun and it was so much better than yesterday. :)

Oh and I was one of the 282,945 new converts baptized this year. How exciting is that? :)

When the talks are on I'll write about my favorite talks and quotes that were said. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment