Thursday, April 10, 2014

Missionary Moments

I stayed at the Highschool today instead of going to my elementary school. So I was the only person that was in the classroom with this substitute. After a very awkward 15 minutes of silence we started talking.

He told me that he taught abroad in different places, one of the places ring where Ally Hawkins is serving. So I told him I had a friend who lived there an started listing other people I knew on missions. So I told him I was LDS or more commonly known as Mormon. This started a huge conversation.

He asked me tons of questions, and there were a few I didn't know the answers to. I explained that I was a recent convert and I'm still learning. But I knew who could answer those questions. So I shot a text to my little friends with name tags and we continued the conversation while we waited for an answer.

I told him about Joseph Smith, the Apostasy and the restoration of the Church. I also told him how Christ ha come to the Americas and that's where we get our Book of Mormon.

I was disappointed because I left my scripture bag in my car and that had my give away Book of Mormon in it. But then I remembered I had moved it into my backpack last week!!!!! So I jumped up and grabbed it, gave it to him and asked him to read 3rd Nephi 11 and he did. :) once he finished my Elders answered and my substitute agreed to talk on the phone with them!!! :) it was SO cool. I'm so grateful for that experience.

After they talked I had to leave and go to another class, which was sad. But that's okay. Then I got this little text from my favorite people. :)

What a great blessing. I'm so grateful Heavenly Father trusts me enough to put me in these situations. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment