Monday, January 20, 2014

Goodbye Elder Saenger

Elder Saenger is getting transferred tomorrow.

I cried a little when I found out on Sunday, but for the most part I had been pretty strong about it.

Today was their pday, so I got to spend time with them, which made everything a little bit better.

At 11 I went to the church and watched them play basketball and hung out with Elder Saenger who didn't play because his clothes were all packed. We stayed until 1 then I met them at Braums for milkshakes. We sat and talked and joked around for an hour then they went back to their apartment to email their families and to finish packing.

I had my daddy make a photo rock with my baptism picture (slate) for Elder Saenger and I got him a tie and wrote a little note on the back of it (I say little but it was anything BUT little) and I wrote him a big long letter.

I met the missionaries outside of their apartment at 8:15 to give Elder Saenger his presents. I stayed pretty strong... Until he opened the slate. That's when I lost it. And every time I started to calm down, I would start to cry harder and harder. I was crying so hard I made Elder Christensen cry.

I could tell they were trying to cheer me up and make me laugh, but I could not stop crying. It's so hard to say goodbye to one of your missionaries. Especially when that missionary is one of your best friends. Saying goodbye was literally the hardest thing I have ever done.

I shook his hand one last time and said goodbye and they rode away on their bikes.

I have a special place in my heart for those missionaries. I love them so much.

Elder Saenger is such a fantastic missionary and friend. He's so caring and sweet and really funny. I have been so blessed getting to know him these last 12 weeks.

Thank you so much for everything, Elder Saenger. God be with you till we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment